Website University of the Witwatersrand
- Assisting with administrative processes related to new and existing courses and programmes;
- Implementing processes related to postgraduate research administration;
- Resolving administrative enquiries from applicants, students and academics and other stakeholders;
- To assist the Faculty Registrar in the effective operation of essential academic and student administrative functions of the Faculty through
- Assisting with the setup and testing of faculty functions in the Student Information Management System (SIMS);
- Servicing Faculty committees;
- Performing any other tasks and activities which fall within the general functioning of the Office as determined by the Faculty Registrar.
- Maintaining student records in the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment;
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a large and complex organisation, preferably a university.
- Bachelor’s degree in an administrative.
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience in a large and complex organisation, preferably a university.
- Microsoft Office 365 (specifically advanced SharePoint, Excel, Word) – Adobe Document Cloud.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic administration processes;
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Minimum work experience: With Matric/NSC.
- A high level of proficiency in – Oracle PeopleSoft (or similar student information management system);
Company: University of the Witwatersrand
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A