The Scrum Master plays a crucial part in ensuring the success of our Digital Operating Model; helping us to become a leading digital company. The Scrum Master is a servant leader to the DevOps delivery team, coaching agile methods, and providing support and facilitation to increase velocity and team productivity.
- Viewed by the wider organization as an effective and consistent collaborator, influencer, and negotiator, able to highlight internal and external dependencies and break down complex blockers.
- Support the Product Owner in ensuring right-sized story writing, aligning priorities, and planning sprint iterations.
- Promote continuous improvement through retrospectives and team learning.
- Natural “servant” leader, with a strong ability to coach and develop others, an inherent entrepreneurial spirit, and focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance.
- Coordinate with other delivery teams, stakeholders, and partners to manage risks, interdependencies, and impediments to the team.
- Coach team members on Agile methods and technical practices (e.g., CI/CD, TDD, etc.).
- Track and report on the current status of all team members and the delivery.
- Facilitating key agile ceremonies, such as daily stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives.
- Track and manage risks and issues of the delivery team.
- Ability to continue to monitor, learn, and implement industry best practices from the agile community.
- Monitor and optimize agile processes and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field.
- JIRA/Confluence, MS Project, or equivalent experience preferred.
- A total of at least five to eight years of relevant experience of which at least three years need to be as a Scrum Master or Product Owner with agile teams.
- Certifications in traditional Project Management practices, e.g., Prince 2, PMP preferred.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Berea, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A