We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Commercial (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Senior Manager- Strategy and international expansion.
M-Pesa, is a pioneer and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can send money digitally, M-Pesa has now grown to offer millions of customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
M-Pesa is now making strides to strengthen its offering to businesses in our operating countries, making it easier for them to get onboarded and to accept M-Pesa payments across channels, including in-store payments, online payments, and payments through social media.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products within payments and financial services industry.
- Recommend the nature and scope of the launch portfolio and as well as future M-PESA products and services investigating new product ideas and/or product changes.
- Engage with the leaders in new markets to support investment decision, assess commercial opportunity and market readiness (including regulatory and senior management buy-in).
- Identify opportunities for M-PESA products and services innovation and enhancements.
- Conduct thorough in-market commercial discovery using to determine customers’ needs and desires.
- Articulate market requirements, consumer trends and opportunities for M-PESA products and services.
- Drive engagement with the off-footprint partners to strengthen commercial and financial analysis in roadmap decision and implementing products & enablers.
- Experience driving product roadmaps and working with agile squads in product development.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (business degree, engineering degree plus commercial knowledge), a master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Strong understanding of mobile and internet technologies as well as knowledge of mobile applications for the major mobile platforms (Android & iOS).
- International experience and multicultural sensitivity.
- Expertise in developing partnerships with third parties.
- 7+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years in payments and/or mobile money/merchant acquiring.
- High customer focus and ability to communicate effectively; inspire and influence
- Experience in a complex, multi-national environment
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A