The Architect Authority provides expert knowledge to define, design, maintain and evolve the development and implementation of complex customer- and product solutions, bringing business- and technical teams together to deliver business value in alignment with strategy and opportunity.
- Create new design components for reuse in the broader Vodacom Design Language.
- Leading the VFS design team.
- Set design principles based on user research, analytics, and best practice.
- Plan and design sprints and manage design capacity.
- Schedule and coordinate research activities (user testing and user interviews).
- Provide guidance and support for designers, including individual check-ins and team meetings.
- Ensure designers have access to necessary tools.
- Create spaces for designers to work within (and to facilitate easy onboarding of new designers), including:
- Drive delivery of projects to achieve User Experience business objectives.
- Execute overall User Experience strategy and obtain organizational buy-in.
- Review all work done by designers and ensure the correct sign-off processes are followed.
- Provide support to developers and ensure all front-end code is developed according to specification.
- UX and UI design.
- Manage key stakeholders across departments and business units.
- Deliver all design work for key projects, including low and high-fidelity wireframes and prototypes.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off with a mobile-first focus.
- Identify, review and interview candidates for new design positions.
- A design space, with structured projects and design systems.
- Matric/ Grade 12 is essential.
- Masters in Psychology, Social Sciences advantageous.
- 3-year Degree/Diploma in one or more of these disciplines: Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Information Systems
- Informatics, Human-Computer Interaction, or other related fields, is essential.
- Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) or similar certification would be desirable, but not required.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A