The Transport manager is responsible for managing the movement of all finished goods from Sourcing Units to the eventual customer delivery points across Southern Africa. The role is responsible for the transport planning control tower, managing the day-to-day operations of the transport team, the relationships with 3PL logistics providers and the overall cost budget for transportation.
- Manage Team looking after credit notes and claims within transport and lead reduction plans in these areas.
- Working with Transport Control Tower to drive efficiency improvements through the transport co-ordination function
- Implement transport strategy, processes, and innovations with customers and partner to win with carriers.
- Drive customer service opportunities with key suppliers in collaboration with UL customers.
- Understand transport related CCFOT (Customer Case Fill On Time) losses and lead and drive the loss reduction plan.
- Through Transport Coordination function drive continuous improvement to refine transport opportunities across internal and external stakeholders, and support overall deliver function project agendas
- Advanced excel skills.
- Anticipate risks and manage them pro-actively as well as crisis management
- Strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Customer Service mind-set.
- Solutions orientated
- Growth Mind-set and identifying opportunities for improvement to KPIs.
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A