To design, install, commission and maintain hardware & software for control systems and instrumentation systems. To perform engineering-related projects and design out recurring engineering problems.
- Investigates the availability of hardware and software on the market.
- Required to be pro-active in recommending opportunities for improvement in respect to production problems.
- Makes decisions regarding the final design taking into consideration the requirements of the legislation.
- Commissions the new system with the assistance of instrument technicians.
- Designs and implements hardware and software taking into consideration the human/machine interface, i.e. how the operators will interact with the process.
- Selects which hardware / software to use in the factory in terms of availability, wiring and equipment correspondence with material in use in the factory.
- Or B.Tech Electrical Engineering and 5-7 years experience of instrument control and automation.
- Systems integration experience will be advantageous.
- PLC experience minimum 2 years (Siemens, Schneider).
- B.Sc Electrical Engineering and 2-5 years experience of instrument control and automation.
- SAP/PMS (Plant maintenance systems)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A