The Transport manager is responsible for managing the movement of all finished goods from Sourcing Units to the eventual customer delivery points across Southern Africa. The role is responsible for the transport planning control tower, managing the day-to-day operations of the transport team, the relationships with 3PL logistics providers and the overall cost budget for transportation.
- Implement transport strategy, processes, and innovations with customers and partner to win with carriers.
- Understand transport related CCFOT (Customer Case Fill On Time) losses and lead and drive the loss reduction plan.
- Manage Team looking after credit notes and claims within transport and lead reduction plans in these areas.
- Drive customer service opportunities with key suppliers in collaboration with UL customers.
- Through Transport Coordination function drive continuous improvement to refine transport opportunities across internal and external stakeholders, and support overall deliver function project agendas
- Working with Transport Control Tower to drive efficiency improvements through the transport co-ordination function
- Logistics qualifications
- Customer Service mind-set.
- Customer Experience
- Advanced excel skills.
- End-to-end SC understanding to drive right strategy & decision making
- Growth Mind-set and identifying opportunities for improvement to KPIs.
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A