Website University of KwaZulu-Natal
The Dean and Head of School is responsible for the academic leadership and management of the School. S/he provides high-level academic leadership and strategic direction of the School in research, teaching, community engagement, and transformation consistent with the University’s and College’s vision and mission.
- Associate Professor/Professor with experience in an academic/research leadership role.
- An established academic leader and scholar with an excellent publication and research record and proven excellence in teaching and learning at a level that attracts respect and credibility from within the University, international scholars and other relevant external bodies.
- Networks locally and/or internationally in area of higher education.
- A track record of attracting competitive research grants, as PI/Co-PI or a senior member of a research team.
- A track record of mentoring emerging academics (at Masters, Doctoral and/or Postdoctoral levels, joint research projects/sourcing research grants, etc)
- PhD/Doctoral Degree in a discipline relevant to the School.
- Three (3) years’ experience in management and leadership of a school, faculty or research unit of significant size and complexity.
Company: University of KwaZulu-Natal
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A