Website University of Cape Town
The CMR is looking to appoint a research assistant. This is a laboratory-based position; however, you may be required to participate in plant survey work on our research sponsors’ sites.
- The availability and supply of clean equipment, the orderly storage of laboratory chemicals/reagents and the weekly handling and disposal of solid and liquid waste
- Performance of laboratory duties independently and accurately.
- These include test work in our main areas of research which may involve sample preparation, milling, flotation, classification, assay preparation and analysis
- General laboratory housekeeping and the maintenance of a high standard of safety and order in the CMR laboratories.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong statistical background
- Experience with processing/analysis of Next generation sequencing data
- Experience in at least one programming language (Python, R, etc…)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience running programs/scripts using a Linux command line interface
Company: University of Cape Town
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: George, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A