At Truworths, you’ll find a dynamic business manufacturing environment where our staff is constantly challenged to reinvent the way we do business in order to keep us at the forefront of the South African fashion industry.
- Take the patterns and cut out material, paying close attention to their work because mistakes are costly.
- Before sewing can begin, pattern pieces must be made, layouts determined, and fabric cut.
- Following the outline of the pattern, they place multiple layers of material on the cutting table and use an electric knife or other cutting tools to cut out the various pieces of the garment; delicate materials may be cut by hand.
- In some companies, computer-controlled machines do the cutting.
- 2 or more years’ experience;
- Attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Team player.
- Team orientation;
- Previous experience of sample cutting in a design room.
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A