Website The Foschini Group - TFG
The role of the IFRS Accountant will be to participate and support the shared-services Accounting team in all activities connected to IFRS 16, IFRS 2, cash and cash equivalents and ensure the day-to-day modifications of accounting entries to maintain compliance with the IFRS standard.
- Perform/review complex IFRS 2 calculations and post-related journal entries.
- Preparing the monthly, half yearly and yearly information required for financial reporting
- Review IFRS2 transactions before posting into SAP.
- Responsible for the IFRS 16 property accounting, both at transactional and reporting level.
- Processing valuation transactions on SAP RE-FX for any lease administration events that requires IFRS 16 accounting.
- On a monthly basis, reconciling the RE-FX IFRS 16 clearing, liability and asset accounts and resolving any differences.
- Assist in reviewing bank reconciliations.
- On the job coaching and training for the lease administration team to prevent common mistakes that impact lease accounting.
- Perform IFRS2 reconciliations.
- Accountant with IFRS 16 experience is advantageous
- SAP Finance skill is preferable.
- BCom Finance, Commercial or equivalent and 5 years’ relevant experience in a finance or similar role with a deep knowledge of IFRS and SAP.
- SAP RE-FX skill would be preferable
Company: The Foschini Group – TFG
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A