Website Telesure Investment Holdings - TIH
To recover damages from the insured third parties following losses suffered by the customers and negotiate the reduction of claims cost and retention of the customers.
- Effectively manage payments from third party insurers/representatives.
- Organize own work schedule in order to get the job done, coordinating with support services and assigning short-term tasks to others if necessary
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of company products, systems and procedures. Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education.
- Produce accurate evidentiary reports for submission to third parties.
- Prepare an appropriate letter of demand to the third party insurers/ representatives in accordance with the standard operating procedure.
- Determine and decide the feasibility of the on-going recovery process, after assessment of various factors, in order to reduce all costs related to the recovery.
- Understand and manage SLA timeframes and legislative prescriptive timeframes with the third party insurers/ representatives and act timeously to resolve problems.
- Identify, gather relevant information, analyze and Investigate the merits of the claims in accordance with standard operating procedures and regulatory laws.
- Manage short term insurance customer (policy holder) relationships and expectations by using relevant operating system(s). Review, verify and update the customer claims in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Respond to routine requests using form letters or emails and to more unusual requests by editing templates to create customized responses.
- Ensure that upon successful recovery that customer excesses are refunded timeously and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Utilizing your expertise to successfully negotiate the appropriate settlement with third party insurers/representatives in accordance with the relevant law and standard operating procedures and make relevant recommendations to senior colleague(s).
- 2-3 years legal recoveries experience (Essential);
- Matric or NQF Level 4 qualification
- Experience in the short term insurance environment
Company: Telesure Investment Holdings – TIH
Job Category: Finance and Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A