Website TB HIV Care
This role will be responsible for tracing and linking people to care, who have been diagnosed with TB, but not started on treatment, as well as people who interrupted their TB treatment. The role will also be required to improve TB treatment adherence, by educating and counselling TB-positive clients.
- Report daily to the supervisor (ENA).
- Perform all duties as and when required
- Capturing daily activities on M&E tools
- Conduct door-to-door outreaches.
- Support adherence clubs to enhance adherence and retention in care for TB patients
- Refer patients who test positive for TB, as well as sick household contacts, to the nearest clinic
- Conduct TB screening and specimen collection on close contacts of TB patients and other high-risk groups, at community level.
- Conduct tracing of people (including TB patients) who miss clinic appointments.
- Conduct patient education and counselling for TB patients.
- Support mobile DCXR outreach to increase demand for TB screening services.
- Clear criminal record
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate a mobile device
- Certification as a community health care worker will be an advantage
- Grade 12 qualification, or equivalent
- Experience in health promotion and health education
Company: TB HIV Care
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mbombela, Nelspruit, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A