Overall management and coordination of all DC activities in Cape Town (Dispatch Department, Inbound and Outbound Department) so that orders are shipped on schedule and product is within quality standards and cost objectives
- Drives creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives and process change initiatives to enable the DC to meet and exceed business objectives
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments & shifts
- Works closely with supporting functions (HR, Finance, IT and Supply Chain) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiative
- Ensuring DC adheres to company policy and administer practices in a fair and equitable manner.
- Recommending policies and programs, which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation
- Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production
- Sets / clarifies requirements and expectations for DC Managers
- Measures performance, provides feedback, and hold DC Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
- Managing budget and controlling expenses
- Keep up to date on information and technology affecting distribution operations to increase innovation and ensure continual improvement throughout the DC
- Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track-record of achieving results in a similar fast-paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill to find the root cause and implement the necessary countermeasures.
- Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed
- Self-starter with high energy levels a must
- Willing to spend time within the operations to introduce LEAN principles to improve the shop floor management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics. MBA preferred.
- Ability to manage change within a logistics operation
- Willing to work shifts, including weekends if necessary, in an operational 7/365 environment
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Will commit and achieve targets and project timelines.
- Strong people management experience, excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working with customers internally and externally
- Extensive project management and change management experience
- 5+ years Operations Management experience in logistics, manufacturing, or distribution environment
- Strong business judgement combined with quick decision making
Job Category : Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A