Ensure that the department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently meet KPI’s / SLA’s and support the goals of the business.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed, and resolved.
- Assist with managing outputs within the department by maintaining quality and quantity of workload.
- Provide and evaluate daily operational reports to ensure key critical areas of the department are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Understand all the aspects and processes related to receiving, processing and put-away of returns.
- Understand all aspects and processes related to return to merchant processes such as, picking, packing and dispatching/shipment of Removal Orders
- Ensuring all work areas are clean and tidy and safe for staff to work in.
- Root cause analysis to prevent and solve future KPI’s / SLA’s failures
- Conduct daily team meetings to discuss KPIs, daily plans and escalate any issues arising from it.
- Maintain FIFO of tasks within the department.
- Oversee departmental employees and motivate attention to detail, for constant accuracy and turn-around times.
- Liaise with stakeholders across the business
- Assist and provide feedback on the daily resource planning with the department manager.
- Implement improvement processes and maintain procedures and systems to minimise costs and maximise working capital.
- Ensure that exception management is resolved timeously
- Introduce and maintain accurate daily reporting to measure productivity within the department
- Ensure escalated daily operational queries from team are resolved timeously.
- Good team player, hard worker, willing to be flexible with a positive attitude Must be able to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Matric/Grade 12 or equal qualification
- Have a detailed understanding of warehouse management systems
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- 2 years supervisory experience/exposure would be advantageous
- Must be able to train staff
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- 4-5 years warehouse experience
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Must be analytical
- Problem solving skills
- Have proven relevant experience in receiving, picking, packing, evaluation, put-away and inventory management (in applicable departments within the DC).
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
Job Category : Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A