- Lead and develop a buying team to conceptualise and implement the merchandise strategy for Brands in line with the overall Sportscene company strategy
- Ensure reliable source of supply through sound process and effective supplier relationships
- Be a strategic thinker in order to adapt and maximise all business opportunities
- Ensure that assigned team is effectively resourced, directed, motivated and developed to enable team members to reach their full potential
- Establish and/or develop sustainable supplier relationships for brand and own brand
- Deliver on all the required KPI’s.
- Implementation of Branded strategy.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers in line with overall margin, service and quality targets
- Support the buying team in building trend-led ranges within range/price architecture.
- Be actively involved in relevant Group projects
- Margin management and reporting.
- Ensure successful execution of product / range strategy in store and online in collaboration with suppliers, brands, store operations, planning, marketing and logistics teams
- Drive and develop the performance of the team with a view to optimise delivery and achievement of objectives whilst effectively managing performance issues or concerns
- Strong written and verbal communication at all levels of organisation
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to aggressive deadlines, incl. problem solving
- Minimum 10 years relevant buying / merchandise experience is essential
- Proven track record in building and maintaining strategic supplier relationships
- Ability to persuade and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven leadership and People management ability
- Exceptional analytical ability to effectively evaluate and drive functional KPIs, incl. sales growth, PIS, CSOH, input- and maintained margins, stock turn, clearance
- Minimum 2 – 3 years working experience at a management level, incl. people / team management.
- Proven track record and ability to drive a merchandise strategy by demonstrating innovative and creative thinking
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A