Website SPARK Schools
The Curriculum and Assessment Lead drives student achievement in the SPARK Schools network by ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and rigorous and that our assessment accurately measures student progress toward each individual’s achievement goals. The Curriculum and Assessment Lead’s leadership in the SPARK Schools network is integral to the SPARK Schools mission to create systemic change in South African education.
- Seek opportunities to integrate online data with classroom assessment data to create a richer understanding of student progress through blended learning.
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools Support to SPARK Schools Support staff and SPARK Schools staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
- Develop, monitor, refine, and implement the curriculum and assessment model at SPARK Schools.
- Participates in and drives own professional development.
- Plan and support pre-service and in-service professional development for school leaders and educators on curriculum, culture, and community-building.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits, such as meeting deadlines, honouring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
- Helps instructional coaches and educators to develop instructional strategies and intervention programmes
- Monitor grade-level and phase-specific progress against scope and sequence maps and assessments, using data analysis.
- Research new and innovative curriculum practices.
- Generate and manage internal assessment schedules, logistics, and reporting.
- Participate, where relevant, in staff recruitment.
- Clearly communicate network-wide and school data to school leaders, in order to ensure accurate interpretation of student progress.
- Facilitate a network-wide assessment and data analysis cycle that allows school leaders
to analyse student performance and identify areas for school-wide targeted instruction.
- Demonstrate a relentless commitment to student achievement.
- Document and communicate scope and sequence of curriculum for each grade level and subject, in conjunction with internal assessments.
- Design and/or supplement a rigorous network-wide curriculum for the allocated subjects that aligns to and extends the South African national curriculum, including comprehensive assessments for all grades and all subjects.
- Source and recommend for implementation appropriate curriculum resources
- Fluency in isiZulu and isiXhosa.
- At least three years of experience formally coaching teachers.
- Experience in isiZulu and isiXhosa curriculum development and assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Company: SPARK Schools
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A