Website SPARK Schools
The Principal drives student achievement by leading a team of excellent staff to prepare SPARK scholars for university and beyond. The Principal sets a rigorous vision for student achievement and implements strategic steps to lead staff, families, students, and the greater community to fulfill that vision. The Principal collaborates with the Assistant Principal(s) and Operations and Blended Learning Manager to uphold high expectations for school culture, student achievement, and professional development.
- Set ambitious goals, academically and otherwise, and holds staff and students accountable for achieving those results.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Manage behaviour policy, student behaviour and oversee the implementation of individualised plans for students who repeatedly do not meet SPARK Schools’ behavioural expectations.
- Define and share information about policies and procedures to parents, students, staff and community.
- Build relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including parents, families, greater community, and Department of Basic
- Education, and leverage these relationships to increase student achievement:
- Lead the process for administering National Senior Certificate examinations and relevant district and provincial standardised examinations.
- Manage the Instructional Assistant Principal(s) including an Operational Assistant Principal and facilitate their leadership development in the context of SPARK’s network-wide leadership development program.
- Responsible for the onboarding of all new staff members.
- Use quantitative (assessment) and qualitative (anecdotal) data to drive decision-making and instruction at the school.
- Facilitate the professional development of SPARK staff by keeping a consistent weekly observation and coaching cycle and collaborating with SPARK Support staff to provide relevant weekly professional development sessions.
- Participate in the selection of new school based personnel.
- Lead termly and monthly school-wide community events, leveraging the capacity of the school leadership team, teachers, and active parents for support.
- Implement a highly rigorous and engaging instructional program that promotes content mastery, creative problem solving, and character development, which is consistent with SPARK Schools’ mission and vision.
- Lead the process for achieving accreditation with Umalusi for the delivery of National Senior Certificate examinations.
- Facilitate a high-achieving work environment where staff feel genuinely valued and supported.
- Promote a culture of self-reflection and continual improvement of effectiveness in staff:
- Manage the school financial budget.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a school culture that values high achievement, strong character, and a love for learning.
- Conduct termly evaluations of SPARK staff to nurture their professional growth and leadership capacities.
- Experience and practice with Umalusi accreditation and National Senior Certificate examination administration
- At least two years in high school leadership
- SACE registration
- Clear criminal record
- At least 3-4 years of excellent classroom instruction including Grade 12 teaching experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- English language fluency
- Experience and practice with labour laws
- Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree (SP & FET)
- Honours or a Masters qualification advantageous
Company: SPARK Schools
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Soweto, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A