Website SPARK Schools
Security guards ensure that the school grounds and facilities are kept safe and secure during operational hours.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Assist all visitors who arrive to the school by welcoming them, receiving their personal details, providing a guest pass, and directing them to the relevant staff members.
- Adhere to the safety and security procedures of SPARK.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Close the school grounds daily manually (lock and key) and rearm the alarm.
- Assist visitors as they leave the school by helping them to return their guest pass and sign out.
- Ensure the safety and security of all students, staff, and visitors on campus by patrolling the grounds and monitoring the gate.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with school staff as required.
- Report safety and security issues to school leadership, including the arrival of suspicious persons, the delivery of suspicious packages, the loitering of people in close proximity to school grounds, or any suspicious behaviour by members of staff or visitors.
- Assist with dismissal procedures daily to ensure the safety of students.
- Assist with ad hoc operational tasks, such as moving furniture, working with maintenance and gardening suppliers, collaborating with facilities maintenance staff, or setting up for events.
- Grade 12 certificate
- PSiRA registration
- English language fluency
- Grade level B or C security certificate
- Police clearance certificate
Company: SPARK Schools
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A