Website SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools supervisors drive student achievement by overseeing the culture and effectiveness of lunch, break, and aftercare. SPARK Schools supervisors care for classes of students during lunch, break, and aftercare to ensure student achievement, health, and safety.
- Use SPARK culture and behavior management strategies.
- Ensure all aftercare resources are used responsibly and effectively.
- Communicate and collaborate with school leaders and staff as required.
- Ensure safety of all scholars during aftercare, including following network-wide procedures to scholar dismissal and late pick-up.
- Supervise a class of students during aftercare, including homework completion if needed, play, and structured activities.
- Supervise lunch and break during the instructional day.
- Plan engaging enrichment experiences for students for the lengthened aftercare on Monday afternoons.
- Communicate professionally with parents and line managers about incidents, conflicts, or concerns that occur during aftercare.
- Ensure SPARK’s healthy food scheme is enforced with scholars by checking lunches.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks, such as facilitating in the Learning Lab, covering for absent staff or setting up for events.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children
- English language fluency.
- Grade 12 certificate
- Police clearance certificate
Company: SPARK Schools
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A