Website SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools PE coaches work directly with students in the school’s outdoor sports spaces to increase and maintain their health and wellness.
- Set up for SPARKs Fly.
- Use SPARK culture and behaviour management practices. Implement SPARK SEL(Social
- Emotional Learning) Curriculum.
- Communicate professionally with school staff and parents regarding students.
- Create a positive student culture around physical education and maintain high behavioural expectations for all students.
- Take responsibility for PE equipment and report any damage..
- Plan strategies to stretch content and scholar outcomes during the course of the academic year.
- Actively coach students in the development of gross motor skills, team habits, and specific sports skills.
- Supervise scholars during morning arrivals.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Teach students about healthy eating, exercise, and hygiene habits, including positive choices they should make at home and at school.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Create lesson plans aligned to network-wide PE curriculum and personalized for students.
- SACE registration.
- Strong desire to be part of a learning culture with excellent career development and advancement opportunities supported by individualised professional development, support and mentorship.
- Strong desire to be part of a vibrant and dynamic technology-driven work environment fostering creativity, collaboration and an atmosphere that encourages and allows top performers to thrive.
- English language fluency.
- Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children.
- Preferably studying a degree in Human Movement/ Sport Science.
- Clear criminal record
- Ability, Desire and Passion to deliver high quality transformational education at affordable fees to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
- Strong desire to be part of a collaborative, team spirited and fast growing Social ImpactDisruptor and Society Shaper who is leading change in the education space in South Africa through transformational education innovation, ensuring the accessibility of university and careers for all.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Physical Education experience or training.
Company: SPARK Schools
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A