To maximize profitability subject to the marketing policy by being in stock of the right product, in the right quantity, at the right price, to achieve targeted sales, gross profit and budgeted stock levels.
- Negotiating with Sales Representatives from suppliers and maintaining comprehensive records of all transactions with suppliers.
- Managing stock levels and service levels against sales and budgets.
- Managing promotions and ability to drive sales at retail.
- Managing product ranges within specified product categories – CATMAN.
- Negotiating deals and prices to achieve competitive retail prices and budgeted gross profit for D.C. and Retail.
- Achieving targeted sales, stock and GP’s while minimizing out of stocks.
- Assisting retailers with store standards, specs, ranging, pricing and promotions.
- A minimum of 5 years buying experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of buying systems and processes.
- Resilient/high stress tolerance and able to handle a highly pressurised environment.
- Good Negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong drive, initiative, sense of urgency and use of innovation to resolve business challenges.
- Computer Literacy.
- Degree in Business/Commerce or relevant diploma is required.
- Knowledge of FMCG Marketing is essential.
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A