The role is responsible for a total Purchasing Volume (PVO) of assigned pooled indirect commodities, with the focus on achieving savings whist ensuring quality and on time delivery.
- Ensures a close cooperation with Internal and External Customers to ensure customer care and early involvement. Maintain regular contact with relevant interfaces to gather information, fully inform network partners and ensure information exchange with relevant interfaces.
Identifies procurement risks, opportunities, and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through risk and change management.
- Communicates the strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.
- Performs Supplier Management, in particular Supplier Development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain – drive supplier audits using defined processes.
- Negotiates frame contracts; defines core assortment; documents frame contracts in relevant Supplier Management IT-systems.
- Forwards systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date –Collaboration with Customers.
- Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems).
- Manages assigned Commodities cross-business and fosters cross-functional alignment.
- Provide guidance and train support and/or professional colleagues to ensure development within the greater SCM unit.
- Participates actively to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative, targeted activities and to increase profit from global and cross-business or sourcing for one business.
- Defines Commodity structure, and strategy in alignment with Local Management and Headquarters; develops and implements material productivity measures to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets.
- Understanding of BBBEE and the requirements under Preferential Procurement to enable a strategy that incorporates these requirements
- Preferable Commodity experience or specialized knowledge of either one or more of the following: Logistics / Fleet /Travel and Events / Real Estate or Facility Management
- 5-8 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management and knowledge of Commodity Management
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
]Application Deadline: N/A