Website Sibanye Stillwater
Prepare the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports as required for the business unit and coordinate the internal review authorizations for these documents.
- Provide leadership and inspire team members of a large team towards high performance
- Manage queries from external auditors relating to responsibility area to enhance auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Implementation of and adherence to account payable calendar and inform parties of necessary deadline
- Communicate and explain accounting and other financial issues guiding the business unit management team in the correct process to follow for account payable.
- Focus on safety and health as well as operational excellence
- Approving EFT payment and ensure system balancing of such payments
- Assisting in establishing internal controls to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end closing process
- Sourcing, contracting, and negotiating with service providers.
- Ensuring Settlement discount target per year is achieved
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors with reference to the account payable area
- Monthly system GRIR balancing
- Contribute to and implement a comprehensive account payable related accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
- Ensuring open communication channels with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory and legislative regulations.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP
- Be able to interact independently with senior business partners, external advisors, and the regional team.
- Have nowledge and experience of automation solutions
- NQF 8 (Post graduate Diploma / Honours Degree / Professional Qualification Degree) in accounting would be advantageous
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Hold a relevant NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) in Accounting
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater
- Occupational Health Centre.
- Have computer skills Microsoft Office and Accounting Software
- Be Registered with a recognized accounting body
- Have strong planning and analytical skills.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a related role, of which 3 years should have been at a junior management level or experience in a functional/specialist area
- Demonstrate strong accounting background
Job Category: Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brakpan, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A