Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
The purpose of the People Delivery Assistant role is to provide support to the specific People function Portfolio by completing accurate and timeous administrative inputs, checks and document management / filing services to ensure that all People activities are recorded and traceable. The role also renders additional ad hoc support services as required within the function often beyond administrative functions in terms of supporting other employee interfacing activities related to the People service offering.
- Capturing, loading and processing of relevant documents on relevant systems.
- Making use of official templates and systems for correspondence, memo and related
- Escalating concerns or challenges immediately to ensure an efficient flow of work is maintained.
- Compiling and updating documents as required.
- Using official data sources to inform administrative outputs.
- Participating in the enablement of a culture of open and transparent communication within the team.
- Maintaining filing and recording all required administration on systems for reference
- Providing administrative support across relevant People function according to People policies and procedures generally but also more specifically in the People function the portfolio delivers administrative services to.
- Ensuring work is completed according to the sequence required and agreed prioritisation.
- Assisting with compiling basic reports for input to broader People requirements.
- Suggesting or sharing ideas related to relevant functional technology requirements where required.
- Updating and maintaining People data in accordance with data standards.
- Adhering to legislative as required by the functional role.
- Co-coordinating the resolution of queries related to the relevant People function, often communicating on behalf of others and delivering messages to third parties.
- Participating in various team activities that foster a wellness culture to ensure that the team mentally, physically and emotionally feels supported.
- Managing the identification and mitigation of functional team and administrative risks.
- Participating in the integration and effective flow of work with other service areas and business.
- Consolidating basic costs or data as required.
- Conducting general office and/or functional specific administration.
- Ensuring compliance to organisational and legislative governance frameworks and standards including the H&S requirements and POPI Act.
- Capturing and managing orders in the relevant systems where relevant within the function.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in administrative and assistant delivery services.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant labour relations frameworks and legislation.
- Participating in various team activities that foster an innovative, agile and employee centric culture where employees are supported, empowered and valued.
- As directed by the People Delivery Partner and/or Divisional People Partner, providing additional People support to various stakeholders to support them in delivering and efficient and effective service to business and employees across the People functions and employee life cycle – i.e recruitment, payroll related, benefits related, wellness, communications, onboarding, exit management etc.
- Ensuring accuracy in data input and relevant reports as applicable to the business.
- Ongoing screening of incoming correspondence and addressing according to level of priority for and within the relevant People function. Participating in projects and other adhoc activities like orientating new employees within the first week of joining, compiling lists of stakeholders etc.
- Liaising with external third parties if required in terms of the People processes within functional area.
- Participating in, and aligning with the People team to deliver solutions and services to the business.
- The ability for strategic thinking/ability for critical and analytical thinking.
- Must be well-organised and have excellent time-management skills.
- Diploma and/or Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Persuasiveness, the ability to influence other people.
- +5 years in an HR administrative or HR Assistant role with exposure to various aspects of the HR
- Experience within the FMCG, retail sector or similar.
- Experience working with Management payroll
- Knowledge of and experience working with systems and intermediate knowledge of MS Office 365, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of business, HR processes, and organizational processes.
- Reliability and the ability to inspire trust.
- Result orientation and willingness to work hard to achieve the goal.
- Excellent communicator to all levels of management in the company.
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A