Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
Ensure that the finance architecture approach integrates into the methodologies and processes of the rest of the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Perform quality checks on existing finance architectures and designs to identify potential business risks areas and make re-engineering recommendations.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to development teams to ensure high-quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases that conforms to architecture principles and standards.
- Perform quality assurance checks on finance architectures and designs and enforce quality compliance criteria to set policies and standards.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with architecture principles, the architecture framework, cloud reference architectures, set technology standards and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Ensure finance security conforms to Information Security Governance policies and standards.
- Define and create solution level finance architecture models that are aligned with business blueprints, non-functional requirements, delivery constraints, data, application and technology standards.
- Define finance architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Be clearly identified as the finance technical lead and provide technical guidance and leadership in proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and BI project teams.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect to finance solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry best practices and standards
- Define and develop the overall finance architecture landscape in partnership with the Domain Architect, Data Analytics team and other Solution Architects.
- Mentor senior developers/designers/business analysts to become Solution Architects.
- Ensure that the finance architecture approach integrates into the methodologies and processes of the rest of the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Provide expert finance guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the finance technology standards and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee.
- Stay abreast of best practices and / or new developments in finance and related disciplines and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Analyze business requirements and create related finance architectures and designs for the baseline (“as is”) and target (“to be”) solution architectures.
- 5+ years Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practies.
- 5 – 10 years Working experience in SAP with at least 5 project lifecycles
- 5+ yrs Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architecture, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC)
- 7 -10 yrs Working experience within the IT industry
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
- Understanding of financial solutions in a non-SAP environment
- 2 – 3 years Lead a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects and other members of the software development team.
- 2 -3 years Experience with current research and standards in Solution Architecture.
- Excellent team-working, inter-personal skills
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA, etc.) desirable S/W frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.)
- Understanding of SAP Financial applications: SAP Finance, Controlling; S/4 HANA; SAP HANA; SAP BPC; GRC (Group Risk and Compliance)
- Solid track record in successful delivery solution architecture
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A