Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
To assist the SRE Lead with adding value to systems by implementing best practices, using tools like Terraform to automate infrastructure deployments, and focusing on securing all cloud environments which includes Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and AWS. The candidate will be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and operation of Cloud-based systems consisting of multiple technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and cloud-specific services.
- Interact with another team to implement the best solutions.
- To implement and assist with Disaster recovery management, procedures & documentation.
- Scripting and automation.
- To implement, administer and maintain Cloud platforms.
- Analyse and implement cost-saving solutions.
- Troubleshoot Cloud outages and performance issues.
- 2-3 years of Experience with Linux
- 1-2 years of Understanding of AWS fundamentals and concepts
- 1-2 years Industry Certification: Azure, AWS, and GCP certified (Beginner level minimum)
- 1-2 years of Experience in documenting environment and processes
- 2-3 years of Proven history of incident response, diagnostic activities, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Corrective Action Plans, and advanced troubleshooting
- 1-2 year of Experience withCI\CD pipelines
- 1-2 years of Understanding of Microsoft Azure fundamentals and concepts
- 1-2 years Understanding of virtualisation technologies fundamentals and concepts
- 1-2 years of Experience with AWS
- 1-2 years of Understanding of network and storage principles
- 1-2 years of Understanding of Google Cloud Platform fundamentals and concepts
- 2-3 years of Understanding of the concepts of “cloud”
- Grade 12
- 1-2 years of Experience with Microsoft Azure
- 1-2 years of Understanding of Linux fundamentals and concepts
- 1-2 years Industry Certification: Azure DevOps
- 1-2 years of Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: George, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A