Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
The Technical Developer develops the respective products within the respective sub-category. This requires the development from concept to launch. Working closely with the QA and compliance teams to ensure that the product maintains its quality throughout its life cycle and that it complies legally. Working closely with the packaging team, ensuring sustainable packaging development, product functionality, and food safety.
- Reference sampling purchases and panel tastings.
- Raw material sourcing and functionality.
- Value engineering.
- Green seal sample approval with the Technical Development Manager.
- Factory trials & production.
- Final product presentations to the manager and the broader team.
- Provide ongoing factory support in any product-related technical challenges and production process improvements.
- Writing of product specifications in collaboration with the supplier and the QA and compliance teams.
- Claim verification testing and ensuring regulation compliance.
- Product formulations.
- Capture data in a formal report and analyze data with data-based conclusions.
- Assist in the artwork rollout process to ensure the label complies with regulation and to the specification of the product.
- Formulation costing – Developing to a cost point.
- Attend or assist virtually with first production.
- 1-2 years of experience developing food products from inception, through production to the launching stage, improving new and existing products
and/or non-edible grocery items and/or Frozen and chilled perishable items.
- 1-2 years experience working with Quality Management Systems.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role (Food Production and Technical Specification / Development). Including experience and exposure: 1-year Research and
- Development / New Product Development in a food FMCG manufacturing/production environment – preferably in edible
- BSc Food Science, BTech Food Technology, BSc Chemistry, Biochemistry, and/or other relevant Nutritional Sciences or equivalent.
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A