Website The Shoprite Group of Companies
The successful Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for managing the Store department/s (Deli, Groceries, Fruit & Vegetables, Frozen, Bakery and Non-Foods) effectively and ensure that our customers leave the store satisfied.
- Ensure that store is merchandised according to company lay-outs and standards.
- Ensuring that all orders of stock from the catalogue are prepared before 11:00 and give to Admin to process further.
- Identify staff development needs.
- Process OBS reports stock right price.
- Monitor, allocate tasks to and control internal and outsourced merchandisers.
- Conduct disciplinary hearing when necessary.
- Ensuring that all orders are placed for the Service Departments.
- Perform inspections together with Controllers and alone, in his/her assigned area to determine what needs to be done for improvement.
- Ensure that promotional displays are up.
- Deal with suppliers (reps) and the DC.
- Make future plans for possible promotions.
- Ensure that the stock rooms are laid out correctly including back fridges.
- Ensuring quality and freshness.
- Manage staff performance.
- Approve staff schedules – planning staff activities to ensure the necessary staff to assist customers.
- Ensuring that orders are placed for Gondola ends.
- Ensure that subordinates and other staff are trained and developed appropriately.
- Supervise and ensure that staff performs their duties satisfactorily by appropriate training, disciplining and counselling.
- Continuously monitor stock levels for gaps.
- Ensuring that orders are placed for promotions.
- Hold staff meetings to ensure that short and medium term goals are achieved.
- Solve problems relating to stock by identifying solutions/alternatives.
- Solve merchandising problems.
- Ensuring that ordering are done timeously in all departments.
- Matric or equivalent – (essential).
- 6 months+ Sales experience – (essential).
- 1 year+ Retail Industry experience – (desirable).
- 6 months+ Customer Service experience – (essential).
Company: The Shoprite Group of Companies
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A