Website Santam Insurance
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting various types of assurance and consulting reviews across the Santam Ltd Group (includes subsidiaries, portfolio managers, underwriting agencies and international partners). This will be done in accordance with the annual audit plan handed down from Santam’s Audit Committee and conducted in terms of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit. The role requires someone with strong accounting knowledge who can apply our risk-based methodology as well as lead and manage multiple audits.
- Supporting and mentoring junior auditors.
- Supporting a combined assurance model (includes working with external auditors and other assurance providers).
- Managing the performance of the audit team, including in-depth review of the audit team’s audit work and findings.
- Maintain quality standards in terms of the audit methodology, approach and documentation.
- Adherence to the Internal Audit methodology and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit.
- Implementation and improvement of general quality assurance on all audit work.
- Prepare audit findings with thorough root cause analysis and practical recommendations.
- Responsible for audit execution, from planning to report finalisation.
- Developing and review of audit procedures to test adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Building relations with partners.
- National and international travelling to Santam offices and partners may be required.
- Follow up on audit issues raised and provide input into the reports to the audit committee and other relevant risk committees.
- Compile the draft audit report and engage in discussions with various levels of management which will support the achievement of the Santam
- Group’s and our business partners strategic and financial objectives.
- Audit planning in terms of assignment objectives, scope of work and budgets.
- Performing risk and control assessments.
- Demonstrate and apply holistic / big picture and forward thinking.
- Perform assurance and consulting reviews at Santam Ltd, its subsidiaries, portfolio managers, underwriting agencies, international partners and leading multiple audits.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excel – Advanced
- Knowledge sharing
- Word – Intermediate
- 4 to 5 years internal auditing experience.
- Conceptual and innovative thinker
- Relationship management
- Conflict management
- Computer literate
- Writing and reporting
- ACL – Intermediate
- Completed articles (external audit)
- Planning and organising
- CA / ACCA / CIA or studying towards
- Analytical ability and logical reasoning
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in insurance related financial audits and knowledge of insurance processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Facilitation skills and ability to influence individuals, groups and teams
- Internal Audit / Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Effective time management
- Understanding of key controls and risk management
- Interpersonal, communication and networking skills
Company: Santam Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A