Website Santam Insurance
The role is responsible for implementing and maintaining procurement, service and supply contracts in line with the requirements of the relevant commodity objectives with the emphasis on contract maintenance and stakeholder management. The Contracts Officer will be responsible for the sourcing, negotiation, awarding, administration, and overall management of contracts.
- Ensure all ongoing changes to contracts are loaded to the system.
- Test the market on a pre-determined cyclical basis by issuing further RFP documentation on existing contracted and new potential supply base whereby the full selection to contract process starts again.
- Assist the Sourcing Specialist or Procurement Manager with sourcing tasks.
- Assist Sourcing Specialist / Procurement Manager with or be responsible for management of minor commodities:
- Ensure all ongoing changes to contracts are loaded to the procurement system.
- Implementation and administration of supplier contracts within relevant structures to enable an optimum procurement environment.
- Manage one or more minor commodities, commodity groups or portion of a commodity on their own (depending on ability, experience & training).
- Creation and maintenance of supplier agreements:
- Manage and administrate supplier’s contract compliance in terms of Quality, Service and Price performance detail (roll up of transactional data from system and Santam Quality department).
- Obtain required approval on supplier selection recommendation.
- Drafts request for proposal (RFP) using standard wording/clauses.
- Analyse and determine commodities spend and if sufficient volume or other criteria exists, initiate the sourcing process.
- Issue and coordinate RFP process.
- Adjudicate on RFP responses to determine most suitable suppliers.
- Draft the contract using standard wording/clauses.
- Administrating diversity of supply base and monitoring direction of spend against agreed performance targets.
- Determine potential suppliers.
- Maintain contracts including all administration such as amendment of contracts using standard wording/clauses in terms of, supplier detail changes, price changes.
- Negotiate and award contract to preferred suppliers based on “Value” decision (dependent on signing authority).
- Ensure system updates occur with the relevant contract pricing terms & conditions (Business rules), and other criteria for internal and external users.
- Communication (Written and Verbal): Is able to communicate clearly, enthusiastically and in an articulate manner.
- Issue resolution: The ability to identify issues and risks and implement the relevant mitigating actions.
- Procurement qualification or other relevant Diploma or BComm Supply Chain Management
- Vendor management: Manage supplier relationships, developing supplier programs, and identifying continuous improvement initiatives. Tracks
- supplier spend and provide feedback to necessary stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a procurement environment
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Interpersonal Skills: Building networks and good relations: Relates to people across organisational levels and boundaries, builds networks and profitable partnerships. Show understanding of needs; is attentive and responsive; show honesty and integrity in dealing with people.
Company: Santam Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A