Website Santam Insurance
The role is to support Intermediated Business in exercising oversight and applying risk management processes overs its internal processes and external partners.
- Preparing reports and advising on practical recommendations;
- To conduct risk-based IT and project due diligence / governance / audit / compliance assignments covering our Intermediaries (“Binder
- Holders/Outsourced Services Partners/ Non-Mandates Intermediaries/ Underwriting Managers/ Premium Collection Bureaus”); primarily focusing on Premium Collection processes.
- Provide input into strategy and annual planning.
- This could include general computer control reviews, application control reviews, data analytics, reviews of IT controls within the various business processes, information and cyber security reviews, pre-implementation reviews, post-implementation reviews and other programme/project assurance work.
- Take responsibility for champion duties such as ongoing knowledge management and upskilling of others
- To conduct or assist in delivering consulting services related to risk, control and governance over Information Technology portfolio of our business partners
- Client relationship management with internal Santam stakeholders as well as external stakeholders.
- Championing this role in the organisation by serving as representative at relevant, key Santam forums.
- Ensuring work is completed within time and cost budgets.
- Audits / due diligence assignments are to be performed at our Intermediaries.
- Assist in reporting to various governance forums and committees
- Assignment planning, execution, reporting and follow ups (where applicable);
- Field work could entail:
- Ensuring all work is adequately documented and adheres to minimum quality standards; and
- High ethical standards and must be trustworthy.
- At least 8 to 10 years’ experience (including 2 years at a supervisory/management level) in performing IT and project related assurance and consulting reviews for a large and complex environment. Among others, this can include reviews of general computer controls, application controls, data analytics, business processes, SDLC processes, IT security and pre and post implementation project reviews.
- Committed to own personal development and development of others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the capacity to think of the organisation holistically.
- An advanced understanding of internal audit disciplines, methodologies and practices.
- BSc / BCom/ BTech / BEng / Honours (with Computer Science / Information Systems as a major) or similar.
- A specialisation in application control reviews and project reviews preferred; particularly in applications systems that support core short-term insurance business functions.
- Highly skilled in leading and coaching staff.
- CISA, ISAP (SA) and/or CIA.
- Ability to design and facilitate large group interventions.
- Good understanding of COBIT 2019 methodology, ITIL & COSO frameworks.
- Able to organise own and others workloads to achieve priorities and objectives and take initiative.
- Conceptual and innovative thinker and must be able to apply those abilities in the work environment.
- An advanced understanding of IT governance and management processes and risks; and risks associated with business change.
- Excellent facilitation skills that are specifically geared to change interventions.
- Strong team player.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure.
- Internal audit experience and experience in the insurance industry preferred.
- Prior experience in conducting/managing several assignments simultaneously, some with competing deadlines.
- Willing to travel locally.
- Experience interacting with clients at all levels including senior/executive management.
- High level inter-personal and influencing skills, including experience of working with senior managers.
- H Dip Computer Audit and Masters in IT (advantageous).
- Excellent communicator, internal and external (including presentation skills).
Company: Santam Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A