Website South African National Biodiversity Institute - SANBI
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a highly motivated individual to lead SANBI’s mandate on Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to knowledge generation and dissemination through various publications in line with the research activities of the unit. The outputs associated with research activities are expected to have some level of impact within the subject area;
- Establish and maintain collaborations for research; and continuously source funding for own/students/interns projects/work on GMO impacts on the environment;
- Participate in and contribute to Biodiversity Policy, Planning and Management associated with GMO impacts on the environment. This includes leading a periodic assessment and report of the impacts of GMOs on biodiversity in South Africa; and
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in projects, groups and activities in relation to monitoring the impact of GMOs on the environment;
- Contribute to Human Capital Development in the field of impacts of GMOs on the environment.
- This position requires a postgraduate degree in Agriculture/Natural Sciences/Ecology/Biology/Botany, or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF level 9.
- A qualification at NQF level 10 will be an added advantage.
- This position also requires a minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience in the field, 4 years of which should be in executing GMO science research projects.
Company: South African National Biodiversity Institute – SANBI
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A