Website South African National Biodiversity Institute - SANBI
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for dependable, hard-working, and self-motivated individuals to effectively assist the Directorate on Biodiversity Evidence’s (DBE) effort with the surveying and monitoring of invasive alien plants in the different municipalities within the Mpumalanga province.
- Survey high risk sites and targeted species within the respective local municipality and as provided by the Regional office;
- Provide good quality photographs of all taxonomic features of alien plants observed in the field;
- Collect GPS tracks and coordinates for all sites surveyed;
- Complete of field survey reports for data gathered during field surveys
- Record inaccessible populations and provide an indication of the size of the infestation; and
- Download GPS data and provide weekly reports on identity, locality, and abundance, of alien plants observed;
- Applicants must have minimum Grade 12.
- A higher certificate or degree will be an added advantage.
- Furthermore, applicants must be South African Citizens and reside within the specified local municipalities in Mpumalanga (proof of residence is required i.e. letter from the Ward Committee/ traditional authority or utility bill).
- Applicants must be physically and medically fit to do manual labour.
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A