Website Road Accident Fund
Reporting to the Senior Manager: Litigation and Mediation, the successful incumbent will be responsible for all High Court matters within the Fund and to offer litigation services accordingly
- Conduct research that will provide information in preparation of all matters for trial
- Coordinate administrative legal actions to ensure compliance
- Draft pleadings to provide clear motivation justification on a particular position pertaining to the case.
- Handle appearances at courts, tribunals, mediation hearings and enquiries
- Attend to Court appearances in all allocated third party litigation matters
- Consult with client departments/representatives, and witnesses for instructions and documentation for cases to be presented in Court
- Ensure file administration from opening to the conclusion of a legal case including adherence to trial dates
- Four (4) year Degree in Law or equivalent
- Relevant 5-7 years’ legal experience post-graduation or admission of which 2 years must have been on area of expertise (personal injury litigation).
- Right of appearance in the High Court
- Knowledge of relevant case law and Legislation
- Skills to draft pleadings, discovery of documentation on all court processes
- Experience in civil litigation.
- Admission as an Attorney of the High Court
Company: Road Accident Fund
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A