Website Pikitup Johannesburg (SOC) Ltd
The General Manager Landfill, reporting to the COO, plans, directs, and manages landfill operations for Pikitup. This entails developing a comprehensive technical and engineering support service regarding the disposal function of Pikitup, including ensuring the conformance and compliance of the operations of the disposal function to the prevailing waste disposal requirements, legislation and service standards.
- Sustainable operating budget control.
- Design and execution of a comprehensive technical and engineering support service to the disposal function.
- Management of human resources including performance management, grievances and staff discipline.
- Initiation and managing of operational and capital projects.
- Ensuring environmental Compliance.
- Planning development and maintenance of waste disposal.
- Finance and Resource Management.
- Coordination of disposal operations.
- Strong commercial understanding.
- Knowledge of Treasury Regulations and Public Service Regulations.
- Knowledge of the South African Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of industry standards, best practices and trends in the discipline.
- Knowledge of Fleet and Logistics Management.
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in landfills / waste management or comparable environment.
- 10 years of relevant experience in a comparable environment.
- Knowledge of South African labour legislation.
- Understanding of Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA) and related regulations.
- Driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
- 5 years’ experience at senior management level.
- Experience working in a public service or local government environment.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification including MBA or MBL, will be an added advantage.
Company: Pikitup Johannesburg (SOC) Ltd
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Soweto, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A