Website Pick n Pay
To deliver sustainable cost savings, continuous improvements in service and quality within the GNFR categories (indirect spend / goods not for resale across corporate expenses and services, property services and contracts, distribution centre services and contracts and facility management services for all corporate stores.)
- Define quality & service standards where appropriate in agreement with business stakeholders
- Negotiating cost price reduction for the business when required.
- Build category and sourcing startegies to support the set and agreed multiyear savings targets
- Contract management (i.e drafting, negotation and maintenance)
- Deliver best value to the business in terms of Assurance of Supply, Cost, Service, Quality, Innovation and Regulation compliance.
- Manage contractual and environmental risks by formulating and implementing appropriote mitigation strategies
- Act as change agent; Manage supplier relationships (SRM) and Manage internal stakeholders
- Supplier development aligned to Pick N Pay’s small business development ambitions
- Manage multiple pitch processes consistently within the business and negotiate contracts
- Help develop; and implement consistent process to manage change from regional to central procurement – NB!!
- Benchmarking costs against industry standards for services and product to ensure competitiveness; including all retail external labour affected categories, services & goods to support all functions and operations, i.e Marketing (Print and Media)
- Manage the end to end procurement process (aligned to procurement discipline best practice) from RFI to RFP and implementation of deriven outcomes with business owner and working group to deliver best value
- Interpret data in regard to spend, quality and service of goods
- Category maintenance in line with local and international best practice
- Tenacious in all aspects and steps to deliver on business mandates.
- MCIPS professional certification
- Sound experience of MS Excel, Ms Word, Ms Power Point;
- Display a thorough understanding of Sectorial determination labour requirement.
- Extensive knowledge of production of goods and services supply chains
- Experience within a supplier environment (advantageous)
- Experience within a commercial role preferred, finance, accounts or buying (advantageous)
- Good planning and organiational skills, to work on multiple tasks at one time and to quickly assess a large volume of changing information;
- Sound time management and prioritisation skills;
- Ability to adapt to, and embrace new processes and ways of working
- NB! Strong analytical skill with ability to formulate relevant strategy/policies as appropriate
- Good negotiation skills with ability to unlock better value than simply price (value)
- Proven history of delivering complex projects with accompanying savings and business improvements (advantageous)
- Sound interpersonal skills, to empathise with individuals and teams and to resolve potential conflicts or resistance to change.
- 7-10 years’ experience in managing various indirect categories
- Extensive knowledge of procurement process best practices both local and international.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, the ability to effectively engage and convey messages to all levels of the PnP business and to encourage two-way communication;
- Forecasting risks associated with economic and environmental changes
- Recognised Bachelors’s Degree in the fields of finance, economics or supply chain
- Good coaching skills
Company: Pick n Pay
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A