Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Manager: Training, the role will oversee and provide technical training and development to mine operations by designing, implementing and executing various training interventions aligned to the mine specific training matrix/plan in support of internal and external regulations and policy.
- Participate in the tracking and maintenance of the annual training plan relevant to skills programs (using a training matrix) and ensure implementation when required.
- Ensure that all Human Resource Development reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system with the HR Function and the operational departments.
- Serve as subject matter expert during preparation of training content and assessment for computer based training and assessment systems.
- Maintain a credible relationship with internal and external stakeholders including line management, training providers and regulators.
- Effective Team Player and Effective Self Management.
- Model behavior that is consistent with the Company Safety, Health and Environment Vision and Values. Manage and report on non compliance issues.
- Ensure training programs and processes comply with ISO 9001/2015 certification standards, SETA requirements and organizational guidelines.
- Develop mine specific training procedures and process flows relating to the provision of training interventions.
- Supervise Training Officers, Instructors, Administrators and Learner ship candidates.
- Compile and maintain monthly reports on technical training measures as well as training budget reports in area of responsibility.
- Take cognisance of and adhere to Company policies, procedures and relevant legislation. Manage and report on non compliance issues.
- Implement pre-employment assessment for recruitment of employees in area of expertise (discipline).
- Ensure applications for Discretionary grants are submitted timely and in compliance with prescribed MQA and SETA requirements.
- Provide input for the compilation of the workplace skills plan, annual training report, Human Resource Development SLP elements, Mining Charter.
- Responsible to maintain an adequate administrative and recordkeeping on the system of all training related governance.
- Attend internal and external stakeholder meetings, provide feedback and implement actions when required.
- Execute supervisory functions including Human Resource responsibilities and HSEQ responsibilities (2.9.2 responsibilities).
- Ensure preparation and facilitation of training audits on the mine i.e.: DMR, MQA and ISO9001.
- Participate in the budgeting process and cost control for area of responsibility.
- Implement annual training plans to meet operational requirements (TNA) using the relevant building blocks of the educational pipeline in area of responsibility.
- Support the process to define training needs including the budgeting process and cost control for the defined area of responsibility.
- Ensure facilitation of the recruitment and administration of trainees and on-the-job training.
- Facilitate and assess training interventions in area of responsibility.
- Higher Certificate In Occupational ETD Practice (NQF Level 5)
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in training related system design and process flow activities.
- Supervisory Development Program (SDP) or equivalent
- Know and understand the policies and procedures and COPs of the company regarding training and development.
- Analyze training methods and materials and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in conducting training sessions.
- Learner Plant Shift Supervisor Program OR National Certificate MQA Mineral Processing Lump Ore Beneficiation Level 3
- Conduct Outcomes Based Assessment
- Design outcomes based assessment tools.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a technical or training environment
- Grade 12
- Develop training programs according to the relevant legislation and procedures.
Company: Petra Diamonds
Job Category: Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Koffiefontein, Free State, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A