Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Manager: Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (CDM), the role is to implement and manage the risk based medical surveillance and primary health care programs. Responsible for managing the Occupational Health and Wellness Centres
- Implement the health programs as per the plan.
- Provide input into the departmental budget.
- Supervise subordinates in the designated area.
- Manage the budget for the area of responsibility.
- Arrange for Employee Assistance Program counselling.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system within the operation, Group Health &
- Hygiene function and local clinics.
- Ensure capacity and bench strength of talent pool in area of responsibility by coordinating, directing and leading subordinates.
- Implement and maintain an Injury Management Plan and reporting to relevant authorities (i.e. DMRE, MHSC, Mineral Council of SA, RMA, Compensation Com).
- Model behavior that is consistent with the Company Safety, Health and Environment Vision and Values. Manage and report on non compliance issues.
- Analyze Occupational Health (medical surveillance) and Primary Health (Chronic Disease/Illness) trends, compile report, in consultation with the OMP to provide feedback and recommendations to the Manager: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality and Group Health & Hygiene function.
- Effective Team Player and Effective Self Management
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the department/section.
- Maintain a comprehensive Occupational Health, Primary Health and Wellness (Peer Educators) program, biological monitoring register, occupational illness/disease register, chronic disease register.
- Takes cognisance of and adhere to Company policies, procedures and relevant legislation. Manage and report on non compliance issues.
- Ensure that all Occupational Health reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Demonstrate understanding of explosives handling.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant mining experience after obtaining Blasting Certificate
- Conduct primary and secondary rock breaking operations in a safe and proper manner in accordance with legislation requirements.
- Control the utilization of resources
- Grade 12 / NQF Level 4
- Blasting Certificate OR National Certificate Rock Breaking Underground Hard Rock Level 3
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid drivers’ license
- Identify hazards or potential hazards and follow the appropriate procedures
Company: Petra Diamonds
Job Category: Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A