Website National Treasury Of South Africa
To provide expert built environment guidance to the evaluation of bids for grants, the updating and expansion of the IDM Toolkit and related IDMS documents and processes from a built environment perspective.
- Participate in Moderators review panel in terms of assessing self-assessments of IDMS submitted by Provincial Departments,
- Provide written inputs to the assessment of infrastructure planning, portfolio management, project management and operations/maintenance indicators as evaluated in terms of the Infrastructure Progression Model
- Provide the specialist guidance inputs in terms of the Technical Bid Panel to evaluate bids and provide leadership in terms of the evaluation of plans, packages, feasibility of costs, scope and norms [functional and technical norms].
- Document validation on the credibility of infrastructure budgets, Document inputs to the infrastructure grant formulas, nature of grants and grant frameworks
- Determine guidelines, norms and standards for credible infrastructure sections in Strategic Plans and Annual Performance
- Plans and submit to Provincial Budget Analysis,
- Orientate National & Provincial Treasuries and National Sector Departments in terms of guidelines,
- Document the expansion and improvement of the IDM Toolkit, Update the IDM Toolkit in collaboration with the Deputy
- Directors Institutional Governance,
- Review, enhance and update the performance grant management policy based on changes in the institutional environment and inclusion of other sectors with inputs from the Deputy Director Procurement and Contract Management,
- Facilitate interaction and consultation with stakeholders in National Sector Departments and Provincial Treasuries in terms of the performance management grant policy framework and system in collaboration with the Deputy Director Institutional Governance,
- Develop guidelines for Provincial Treasuries on how to assess bids in terms of all conditions stated in the Bid Policy and System in consultation with the Deputy Director Procurement & Contract Management,
- Assess case studies from a built environment specialist perspective and provide written inputs
- Review and sign- off on indicators for infrastructure plans in terms of the Infrastructure Progression Model in consultation with the National Sector Departments,
- Prepare the terms of reference for the Technical Bid Evaluation Panel and establish the Technical Evaluation Panel to evaluate performance grant bids [includes plans] with inputs from the Deputy Director Procurement and Contract
- Management Panel is chaired by the Deputy Director Institutional Governance.
- Institutional Development and Procurement & Contract Management
- Validate assessments of Provincial Treasuries of Annual Performance Plans and User Asset Management Plans and document findings with recommendations for improvements,
- A minimum National Diploma (equivalent to an NQF Level 6) or a Bachelor’s degree (equivalent to an NQF Level 7) in any of the following disciplines: Economics or Finance or Business Management or Built Environment.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in infrastructure delivery planning and management,
- Knowledge of project management,
- Post graduate Degree,
- Knowledge of financial analysis and dissemination of financial data for further interrogation
Company: National Treasury of South Africa
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A