Website South African Medical Research Council - MRC
Statisticians in the Biostatistics Unit provide statistical support on design, analysis and reporting, to collaborative national and international projects in the SAMRC research portfolio.
- The Biostatistics Unit offers a challenging biostatistics career in health and clinical research within a dynamic environment.
- These range from surveys, epidemiological studies to randomised controlled and clinical trials.
- The Biostatistics Unit of the SAMRC is an active research entity that collaborates with health and medical researchers from the SAMRC, universities, other research institutions and international agencies.
- All areas of expertise in biostatistics will be considered, however the unit has currently needs for Statistical expertise in
- Clinical and in adaptive trial designed and in bioinformatics.
- The Unit has a number of methodological research programmes such as longitudinal data analysis, and spatial data analysis.
- The successful candidate will have an individual research portfolio and contribute to these programmes.
- Statistical methodological development as well as the training and supervision of researchers and junior staff, is also done.
- Evidence of managerial experience.
- Ability to generate funding from project managed from statistical perspective or as a health project statistician.
- Hold a PhD in statistics, biostatistics, or biometry; at least 7 years’ experience in clinical and health research environments
- Thorough knowledge of statistical methodology in Health and Expertise in a specialized field of Biostatistics.
- Evidence of post-graduate supervision (Masters and PhD students) in Biostatistical methodology and applied
- Biostatistical research.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence to mentor, motivate and teach statistical science and technical staff.
- Ability to communicate statistical concepts and information to non-statisticians in Health and Clinical Sciences.
- Evidence of strong teamwork to successfully work in a project team.
- At least a National recognition in the field of Biostatistics.
Job Category: Health
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A