Website Mr Price Group
We’re looking for a new tech associate to take over the management of Cloud Infrastructure across the Mr Price Group by day-to-day management of the Cloud Infrastructure team to ensure the effective translation and implementation of IT strategy
- Ensure vendors have sufficient stock and resources to deliver as per new store or Technology Roadmap.
- Operational responsibility to ensure that deployed services operate within the agreed SLA’s and remain fit for purpose.
- Introduce sustainable processes and procedures that minimize risk and vulnerabilities within the environment.
- Conduct on-on-one check in’s with the team to drive and cultivate the driving.
- Keep abreast of talent pool to contribute to the recruitment of top talent. Drive succession, training and development within the team to ensure resource capability and business continuity.
- Ensure that the workload within the team is distributed fairly and in line with the team’s priorities to deliver on departmental KPI’s / targets but also challenging to drive intellectual growth.
- Address risks risks by auditing and security teams.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers of services or software.
- Highlight risks to the business and ensure compliance to legislation and company policy at all times throughout service lifetime.
- Define and report on the Cloud infrastructure operational tracking metrics to provide insights & feedback to management on downtime (planned & unplanned), service levels, operational performance & overall delivery
- Define & maintain Cloud infrastructure standards for both hyperscalers and on-premise, including installation standards, data backup and recovery strategy, security standards, and, “”best-practice”” standards to ensure effective delivery of services in line with mrpIT SLAs.
- Understand the current and future trends and knowledge share amongst the team.
- Lead the team which includes: managing performance, driving the culture or the Group, development of the team and recognition
- Translate Cloud strategies into tactical solutions to address key business requirements, drive capability and produce delivery roadmaps within the infrastructure space.
- Drive partnerships with existing vendors to ensure on time and in full delivery.
- Identify areas of improvement and efficiencies of Cloud infrastructure to ensure overall capacity is utilised correctly and sufficient contingency space is maintained
- 2+ years in Cloud Team management
- Experience in AWS/Azure/GCP – Cloud ecommonics & billing
- 5+ Cloud Infrastructure management
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in IT (Preferred) or vendor certifications
Company: Mr Price Group
Job Category : Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umhlanga, Kwazulu-natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A