Website Mr Price Group
The Financial Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the financial systems, procedures and policies are proficiently reviewed, updated and maintained in accordance with accounting principles, legal procedures and the overall imperatives of the business. The key focus of this role will include preparation of the annual strategy, implementation and control of the annual budget and accurate monthly financial reporting aligned to the strategic goals of Mr Price Money.
- Conduct all processes in a manner that upholds integrity and company values and all other good governance principles.
- Strategic collating of financial data to ensure that it is aligned to half-year results.
- Ensure that financial solutions provided fall within the legislative framework.
- Knowledge of credit and affinity businesses is useful.
- Production of a detailed strategy workings to support commentary and packs.
- Management and oversight of the organisation’s assets ensuring that fixed asset registers are maintained.
- Performing GL reconciliations to ensure the accounts are balanced.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders in compiling an accurate and achievable budget.
- Monthly cash flow statements and cash flow control
- Apply a strategic mindset to the finance department of the future and create a plan on how to get there.
- Production of detailed budget workings.
- Timeous compilation of monthly general management booklets (GMB) packs for distribution to Group Finance and the Board.
- Debtors’ collections, reconciliations and creditors’ reconciliations.
- Natural ability to network with peers across the Group and within the division.
- Prepare quarterly submission and presentation of the organisation’s financial statements to the executive team.
- Effectual production of half-year report packs inclusive of supportive financial data and the associated commentary.
- Efficient management of overheads expenditure, company bank accounts, petty cash and company credit cards control.
- Design and implementation of a cost structure and recovery on a monthly term for the various cost-centers.
- Collaboration with external auditors for the year end and interim results.
- Networking with relevant business heads in evaluating assumptions applied in the budget.
- Strategic compilation of monthly forecasts to track where the business is in terms of the agreed budget.
- Optimal organisation of resources to achieve standard reporting objectives while enabling the daily contribution to business and commercial decisions.
- The ability to maintain and enhance a rolling forecast.
- Strategic collating of financial data to ensure that it is aligned to year-end results.
- Partnering with relevant stakeholders to re-evaluate and realign the budget before approval.
- Efficient monitoring of the budget to ensure that the deadlines are met.
- Create a view on how to streamline and automate routine monthly reporting and drive to make this happen.
- Desire to integrate into the business operations to understand how it works and to be in a position to ask informed questions.
- The ability to test and challenge input assumptions to ensure the most accurate outcomes.
- Preparation of the budget aligned to business imperatives and the distribution of the budget plan to all relevant contributors.
- Effectual production of year-end report packs inclusive of supportive financial data and the associated commentary.
- Ensure that monthly cost-centre reports are prepared within the required deadlines and in terms of donor requirements and submitted to relevant stakeholders.
- Review monthly invoices and advance requests for all projects and ensure these are submitted to the donors within the required deadlines.
- Support and provide ongoing advice to management on budget related matters.
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the reports that are produced by reviewing the data.
- Liaising with the relevant parties to determine what information is considered relevant and useful to include on the dashboard
- Ability to lead both direct and indirect reports
- Qualified Charted Accountant, 3 years post articles experience essential
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- 3 – 5 years’ experience
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Proven ability to plan, organise and work methodically
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Company: Mr Price Group
Job Category : Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A