Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
The candidate will be responsible for Planning, Organizing, Managing, and coordinating as well as maintaining an optimal, specialized Nursing Services as an Operational Manager in Theatre Unit. Develop / establish and maintain constructive working relationships with Nursing and stakeholders
- Effectively manage the utilization of Human, Financial and Physical resources.
- Maintain professional Growth / Ethical standards and self-development.
- Deliver a supportive service to the Nursing Service and the institution by taking overall supervision after hours and on weekends.
- Ensure implementation of Norms and Standards and Ideal Hospital Framework and develop Quality Improvement Plans.
- Manage Performance and Development of staff as well as participating in the Managers scheduled meetings.
- Exercise control of discipline, grievance and other labor related issues in terms of laid down policies or procedures.
- Manage data in the unit and ensure submission to facility information office.
- Identity develop and control Risk Management Systems within the unit.
- Provide safe therapeutic environment as laid by Nursing Acts, Occupational Health and safety Acts and all the applicable prescripts. Implementation and management of Infection Prevention and Control protocols.
- Uphold the Batho Pele and Patients Right Principles.
- Senior Certificate / Grade 12 plus Basic qualification accredited with the South African Nursing Council in Terms of Government Notice 425, (i.e. Diploma/ Degree in Nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse plus a post basic nursing qualification, with duration of at least 1 year, accredited with the SANC in terms of Government Notice No R212 in Operating Theatre.
- A minimum of nine (09) years appropriate / recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least five (05) years of the period referred to above must be appropriate / recognizable experience in theatre after obtaining the 1 year post basic Operating Theatre Nursing Science qualification.
- Proof of current registration with SANC (2022).
- A Diploma / Degree in Nursing Administration and Management will be an added advantage.
- Attach Service certificate from the previous employer/s endorsed by Human Resource.
- Basic computer literacy, strong Leadership skills, Good communication and Sound Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage own time, function as an effective leader of the nursing team.
- Implement and manage change.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Job Category : Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Standerton, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A