Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
Manage and provide PHC facility supervisory in line with the PHC Supervision Guideline.
- Ensure clinical nursing practice by the nursing team in the facility in accordance with the scope and practice and nursing standard as determined by the relevant health facility.
- Promote quality nursing care as directed by the professional scope of practice and standard in accordance to the PHC delivery package.
- Ensure the implementation on National Core Norms and Standards including Six Priority Areas.
- Advocate for patients through ensuring adherence to Bathos Pele Principles.
- Coordinate community involvement and participation.
- Manage and Monitor effective use and maintenance of assets and infrastructure of the facility.
- Monitor information management and documentation.
- Senior Certificate / Grade 12 plus Basic qualification accredited with the South African Nursing Council in Terms of Government Notice 425, (i.e. Diploma/ Degree in Nursing) or Equivalent qualification that allows registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse plus a post basic nursing qualification, with duration of at least 1 year, accredited with the SANC in terms of Government Notice No R212 in Primary Health Care.
- A minimum of nine (09) years appropriate / recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least five (05) years of the period referred to above must be appropriate / recognizable experience in Primary Health Care after obtaining the 1 year post basic PHC Nursing Science qualification.
- Proof of current registration with SANC (2022). Experience and knowledge of the District Health System.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of nursing legislation and related legal and ethical nursing practices and how this impacts on service delivery.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of HR and financial and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant legal framework such as Nursing Act, Health Occupational and Safety Act, Patients Right Charter, Batho Pele Principles, Operational Management Skills.
- Problem solving, planning and Organizing Skills.
- Expected to work under pressure and on night duty.
- Leadership. Supervisory, problem-solving, conflict resolution, inter-personal ad communication and communication skills.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of legislation and related ethical nursing practices and how this impact on service delivery.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Computer literacy.
- Any previous experience must be covered by the attachment of certificate of services.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Job Category : Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A