Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
Supervise and Support allocated PHC facilities in line with the PHC Supervision Policy. Conduct monthly red flags and regular reviews
- Demonstrate understanding of the District Health Information System (DHIS).
- Demonstrate and basic understanding of HR and financial policies and practices.
- Administrative skills.
- Good interpersonal skill.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skill.
- Basic computer literacy as a support tool to enhance service delivery Form part of the quarterly program in-depth reviews together with respective Program Co-coordinators.
- Form part of the Sub-district and District review session to monitor progress on set targets according to the District Health Plan (DHP).
- Ensure that PHC facilities that she/he is responsible for are compliant with the National Core Norms and Standards.
- Ascertain smooth implementation of the referral system and address constraints related to continuity of care.
- Support initiatives of the three streams of PHC Re-engineering.
- Implement the Performance Management and Development System (PMDS) with Operational Managers of PHC facilities
- Senior Certificate / Grade 12 plus Basic qualification accredited with the South African Nursing Council in Terms of Government Notice 425, (i.e. Diploma/ Degree in Nursing) that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse and Midwifery plus a post basic nursing qualification, with duration of at least one (01) year accredited with the SANC in above mentioned specialties in nursing.
- A Diploma in Clinical Nursing Assessment, treatment and Care or Community Health Nursing Science.
- A minimum of ten (10) years appropriate/recognizable nursing experience after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing (2022).
- At least six (6) years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/ recognizable experience in the relevant specialty after obtaining the 1-year post-basic qualification in the specific specialty.
- At least three (3) years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/ recognizable experience at management level.
- Experience and Knowledge of the District Health System.
- Must have understanding of principles of Primary Health Care Re-engineering.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of Nursing legislation and related legal and ethical nursing practices and how this impacts on service delivery.
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Any previous experience must be covered by the attachment of certificate of services.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Job Category : Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A