Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
Manage payment of salaries on the payroll system. Manage salaries on PERSAL. Manage payroll services. Manage income tax reconciliation. Manage PESRAL / BAS interface. Manage compensation of employees
- The successful candidate will: manage payroll/salaries related procedures in the Department. Manage debt collection process, evaluate organizational needs, develop long-term institutional goals, and establish budgets and direct resources to ensure budget guidelines are met.
- Ensure that all outstanding inter-departmental salary receivables are followed up and cleared and reconciled.
- Clear PERSAL exceptions.
- Prepare and submit monthly and bi-annual tax reconciliation.
- Supervision of payroll reports.
- Respond to audit finding.
- Develop and implement financial management policies.
- Manage deductions and claims process.
- Manage service termination procedures.
- Senior Certificate / Grade 12 plus an undergraduate qualification (NQF level 7) as recognized by SAQA in Human Resource Management, Public Administration and Management with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience of which three (3) years must be at supervisory level (ASD).
- Extensive knowledge of PERSAL and at least must have four PERSAL courses.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Sector Financial Administration relating to the listed duties and the provisions of the PFMA and Treasury Regulation.
- Knowledge of costing of Compensation of Employee budget, PFMA, Treasury Regulation and other prescripts related to payroll.
- Ability to develop and apply policies.
- Computer literacy.
- Planning, organizing, communication (verbal and written), numeracy and accuracy skills.
- People Management and Leadership skills.
- A good understanding of BAS, PERSAL and other Computer Systems.
- The incumbent must have advanced Microsoft application skills.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Job Category : Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hazyview, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A