Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
Responsible for the effective financial management and accounting which includes: the implementation of financial systems and timely submission of financial reports in strict compliance with the PFMA and other prescripts, preparation and maintenance of bank reconciliation statements, preparation, compilation and interpretation of Interim and Annual Financial Statements
- Develop and manage the budget processes in the institution in conjunction with hospital management and other stakeholders in line with departmental financial strategy.
- Improve supply chain management compliance in line with related prescripts.
- Develop, implement and monitor measures designed to optimize revenue collection.
- Manage institutional fleet, and maintenance/repairs of infrastructure and buildings.
- Ensure that all payments for compensation of employees, goods and services, transfers, subsidies and reporting are efficiently and effectively performed.
- Reconcile all ledger accounts with control accounts in the ledger.
- Liaise with relevant role players regarding transversal financial matters.
- Ensure that all financial records and documents are kept safe and up to date.
- Must be able to identify, develop and implement internal controls (including policies) to prevent unauthorized, irregular and fruitful expenditure.
- Ensure effective management of debtors.
- Manage Finance staff and undertake human resource and other related administrative functions and ensure sound financial management is provided all the time within the hospital.
- Identification of measure cost drivers and develop strategies to minimize over spending of budget.
- An undergraduate qualification (NQF Level 7) in Finance with at least 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience of which three (3) years must be at supervisory level (ASD) in financial / accounting management.
- Full knowledge of management and performance on the transversal system used in Government.
- Excellent in computer skills such as MS Word and Excel Spreadsheet application of any software, financial analytical skills, will be a pre-requisite.
- Extensive knowledge of all relevant legislation.
- Practical knowledge of Basic Accounting System (BAS) and LOGIS including SCOA (Standard Chart of Accountants).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Analytical skills.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Job Category : Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Groblersdal, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A