Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
The incumbent will be responsible to interview, investigate, diagnose and oversee the treatment of patient
- Supervise junior doctors (undergraduate students, interns and community service doctors). Attendance of relevant administrative meetings like mortality meetings, near miss meetings and completing MEDICO Legal documents timeously.
- Improve quality of care by providing appropriate clinical care.
- Reduce medical litigation by exercising good clinical ethos.
- Implement and monitor adherence to National Core Standards (norms and standards).
- Provide clinical care to patients in the wards, OPD/Casualty and clinics.
- Assist in clinical audit.
- Participate in after-hour calls.
- Participate in continuing medical education.
- Perform medical procedures and perform duties related to maternity, casualty, wards, theatre and clinics.
- Render an essential health service to the community.
- Support and manage patients.
- Assess and monitor patients.
- Ensure provision of comprehensive care.
- Participation in all activities of the discipline in relation to teaching and research. Participate in multidisciplinary team to the management of patients.
- Performance of practical procedures relevant to the care of patients.
- Ensure that administration and record keeping is done in the department.
- Willing to do commuted overtime rendering of after-hour (night, weekend and public holiday) duties to provide continuous uninterrupted care of patients
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree (qualification) that allows registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner. Current registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner (2022) (Independent Practice).
- A valid work permit will be required from non-South Africans. Sound knowledge of medical ethics. Multidisciplinary management and team work and experience in the respective medical discipline. Knowledge of current Health and Public Service regulations and policies.
- No experience required after registration with the HPCSA as Medical Practitioner (Independent Practice).
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience after registration with a recognized Foreign Health Professions and / or the HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner (Independent Practice) for foreign qualified employees.
- Sound knowledge of medical ethics.
- Multidisciplinary management and team work and experience in the respective medical discipline. Sound clinical knowledge, competency and skills in general clinical domains.
- The ability to work under supervision as an efficient team member.
- Good communication, leadership, interpersonal, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to manage patients independently, diligently, responsibility and engage when necessary.
- Knowledge of current health policies, legislation, programs and priorities within the domain.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Job Category : Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Eureka, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A