Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
Provision of optimal, holistic specialized nursing care with set standards and within a professional/legal framework
- Provide comprehensive health care services in the in Midwifery and Neonatal Unit.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of resources.
- Provide quality patient care, follow norms and standards.
- Participate in quality improvement programs.
- Supervise and implement patient care standards.
- Implement and practice nursing health care in accordance with the statutory laws governing the nursing profession, labor and health care.
- Implement constructive working relations with nurses and other stake holders.
- Ensure compliance of Infection Prevention and Control policies.
- Ensure that equipment are functional and ready all the time.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate activities of patient management according to protocols.
- Able to plan and organize own work and that of support personnel to ensure proper nursing care.
- Participate in staff development and performance management.
- Report patient safety incidence, challenges and deficiencies within the unit.
- Work effectively, co-operatively amicably with persons of diverse intellectual, cultural, racial or religious differences.
- Ensure adherence to Batho – Pele Principles and Patient’s Right Charter.
- Senior Certificate
- Grade 12 qualification or equivalent plus Basic qualification accredited with the SANC in terms of Government Notice R425 (i.e. Diploma / Degree in General Nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse and Midwifery (2022), a post-basic nursing qualification, with a duration of at least 1 year, accredited with the SANC in terms of Government Notice R212 specialty in Advance Midwifery and Neonatology Nursing Science.
- Minimum of four (4) years appropriate /recognizable experience in nursing after registration as a Professional Nurse with the SANC.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Job Category : Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Emalahleni, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A